Idea one: ‘GET UP!’
- A dramatic short film about how it feels to get up in the morning
- From the point of view of the person trying to get up
- What things do they think/say as they become increasingly more frustrated about still being in bed?
- Harsh cuts and dramatic shots as the snooze alarm keeps waking them up again and again
- Create a monologue that will be narrated throughout the film
Idea two: ‘Building Nostalgia’
- An in depth video essay about the feeling of nostalgia and how it is produced in films
- Look into the effects on the audience
- Case study on Christopher Bingham ‘Bing’ vlogs (Bing Radio)
- How difficult is it to produce this feeling?
- Attempt to capture the emotion and show an audience to see if it works
- Is it purely personal? or can it be made synthetically?
Idea three: (Objects tell stories)
- A short film made from one sweeping shot of a location
- All the objects in this location will be telling a story
- Done in one take/seemingly one take
- Sounds are used as clues to what the story is (background noises)
- Potentially use audio from an interview to inspire the location/objects
- Have sound of interview play over film as narration
- The story of someones life?
Idea four: (Image from sound)
- Experimental short film based around a piece of music
- Choose a song that invokes strong visual ideas and produce a film to go with it
- Fair use licence for the music?
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor – The Dead Flag Blues